Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Full-Stage" Dr. Wes to Slim Jim

Think of all the people who give you health advice. Friends, Family, Coworkers, doctors, television, books, etc. Are the people giving you health advice healthy themselves? If not, they probably don't have the best advice or intentions towards making you healthy. 

We like to joke around with Dr. Wes when he refers to his "full stage" of life. Life at Palmer College as a poor student caught up with him and Katie who ate Ramen Noodles, Mac and Cheese, and all the cheap foods possible. Lots of late nights studying and no time for exercise made it difficult to be as healthy as possible. 

He always said, "How are patients supposed to take me seriously when I tell them that weight loss will help them be healthier when I am overweight myself?" 

Here's an article to prove that if you want to lose weight you should see a "fit" doctor first. 


Here's what Emily, our Personal Trainer, said: "I know I personally would never take a doctors advice about being overweight if they were themselves. It might make me stop and think about my current situation, however in the long run I would inevitably come back to the fact that it may not be that important to keep the body fat down if a doctor isn't doing it himself......aren't they the ones who are supposed to be experts on your body and living a health-filled life?!"

Come see us today whatever your health goal is. We've been in your shoes, searching for a healthier life. We understand and can help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment