Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Adventures of New Veggies

I thought I would try two different vegetables last night. I made three different things, and thought they were all pretty good. 


1) Delicata Squash: My new favorite! This long winter squash is SOOO easy to cook. I sliced it in half lengthwise, scooped out the seeds, and cut them into 1/2" "moon" shapes. I tossed them in olive oil and sprinkled on some salt.  I baked them at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, and flipped them with a spatula every 10 minutes. The goal is to get them nice and browned on the edges. They tasted almost like sweet potato fries. I even got the boys to eat the MOON FRIES too! 

Since my oven was still hot...

2) Chard Chips: I made these just like I do with Kale Chips, and while these were quite good, I liked Kale Chips better. Just look how bright green these veggies are!!!

3) Chard Stems with Parmesan: Everything is better with cheese. Since I eat a paleo diet, I really don't each much cheese or dairy of any kind. However, I did try these last night and I thought they were good. First, I sliced the stems of the chard into sticks and par-cooked them in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Then I put them into a pan, added a little EVOO, and some Parmesan. I baked them for about 15 minutes or until the cheese was nice a brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment