Thursday, April 19, 2012

Katie's Before and After 2011--->2012

The other night I was at a friend's birthday party with people I haven't seen for awhile. While I love looking and feeling better, it's still hard to hear how much better I look now. It makes me think of where I was a year ago and how my life has changed so much since then. 

Then the question that I always get asked, "What did you do to lose weight?" assuming I will say something like Weight Watchers or Kosama or Farrell's or Jenny Craig. 

I attribute becoming healthy to my mental power to eat real foods and exercise regularly. That doesn't come easy though. I needed some help LEARNING how to eat balanced meals and how to exercise regularly.  A lot of people have good intentions about getting healthy but rarely stick with anything because they see it as a short term program. I needed a good lifestyle modification program that would teach me how to live healthier. Thanks goodness for 8 Weeks to Wellness

But here's the important part: Even after the 8 weeks were finished, I kept going. 

I still exercise regularly (both at Waukee Wellness & Crossfit 515), and I eat real food (Paleo). Neither of these options are "fad" diets or exercise programs. They are LIFESTYLE choices I continue to make daily. Of course I still indulge once in awhile, but overall I know that my body is going to be with me the rest of my life, and I want a LONG life with awesome HEALTH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment