Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cassie's Update/8WW Thoughts

I used to be a cheerleader in high school and we were required to condition every day during practice, so I was used to working out every day.  Once I graduated I took a break from working out but that break lasted longer than I thought it would.  I worked out maybe once a month or so before I started working at Waukee Wellness and Chiropractic.  


When I started here I realized how important it is to eat healthy, stay active, and take care of your body if you want to live a long and healthy life.  I did the 8 Weeks to Wellness program and I learned all kinds of things about ways to stay healthy such as eating right, exercising correctly, and getting regular adjustments and massages.  I went from working out maybe once a month to working out at least 4 days a week, getting adjusted at least once a week, one massage a month, and I changed the way I look at food.  I began trying new things and eating fresher, healthier foods.  I realized it’s not hard to eat better; I just had to look at my options differently; and working out became something I wanted to do, not something I had to do.  


It isn’t always easy to find the motivation I need to work out, but I always feel better afterwards.  I’ve learned that getting adjusted isn’t just to help a sore back or neck, it helps your body communicate better with itself to help you stay healthy.  Massages are more than just an indulgence, it relieves the body of multiple kinds of stress and can help with things such as swelling and herniated discs.  I understand that it gets difficult to fit everything into your busy schedule but I always have a feeling of accomplishment and I know that I am doing something good for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment