Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Worst Picture Of Me. Ever.

My hubby said "Katie, I think you need more fiber".  
Did the title catch your attention? I decided to publicize my worst picture ever because of the story that goes with this picture. Why do I look like this? I completed several rounds of deadlifts, rope climbs, bear crawls, and running with sandbags on my back. Evidently this is my "deadlift" face. Completing this workout with the best partner I could imagine (my hubby) and for such a wonderful cause makes this one of my favorite pictures of all time.

This picture was taken at my Crossfit gym's Operation Justice Fundraiser. In this partner workout, we had to do many different movements. It was the first time I've participated in an athletic event since high school (unless Sunday co-ed softball counts). It was the first time I've ever run with sandbags on my back. It was the first time I've been in a setting where people were watching me workout. It's the first time I've had tons of people cheering me on. The best thing about this day was the man it was honoring. For a great hero story, check out this article from WHO TV13. 


Dr. Lance says, "When you can no longer breathe, just shrug your shoulders." Oh no!

The moral of the story: If you aren't good at something, still go for it. Push through your toughest moments to accomplish something you never thought you could do. And love the heroes in our country. They understand the importance of life and making the most of it. 



1 comment: