Monday, September 30, 2013

Liver Cleanse, Day 1

We're stocked and ready to go!
Did you know that we are one of the only cultures that doesn't routinely participate in some type of body cleanse or fast? Throughout history people have found various ways and reasons to help their body reset itself to a healthy state.

Our culture continues to pile in the processed junk day after day after day...without ever allowing the body to cleanse and reset itself.

We've decided to go through a liver cleanse over the next few weeks and wanted to share our experience with you. I don't think we'll get the symptoms and results like a short term cleanse would. We aren't the type of people that need that immediate change. We're perfectly fine with healthy long term changes for our bodies--how ever long that might take.

Day 1 Plan--Liquid Diet ONLY

Morning Routine: Pomegranate juice & Natural Calm; UltraClear, Supplements
Throughout the day: Juices, Chicken Broth, and UltraMeal by Metagenics
Evening Routine: Green Tea, Supplements, UltraClear

I've never done a day without solids, so I'm a bit concerned about what will happen. My biggest fear is getting a headache or being dizzy while I'm watching kids after school. I also drink a lot of caffeine during the day and have cut a lot out, but only having one serving makes me nervous! I'm also hosting a Norwex party that night and don't want to be a crazy-lady either. My biggest excitement is being able to drink some fruit juice. I consider juice to be a "junk food" and it will be fun to try some different flavors too.

If you are interested in doing a Metagencis cleanse through our office, talk to Dr. Wes or Dr. Jason at your next appointment and they will get you going! 


No comments:

Post a Comment