Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 1 Review: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Day one was tough. One of the hardest things I've ever done. I'll give you the good, the bad, and the ugly about my day and the other staff members' days too. Complete honesty. If you have questions for me or the staff, leave us a comment below! 

The Good


  • I survived. (See The Ugly section)
  • I really enjoyed everything I drank all day. Fruit juice, Very Berry UltraClear, Chocolate UltraMeal, Chicken Broth, herbal teas.
  • I've already lost of a lot water weight--many trips to the bathroom. A good reminder to have sympathy for all of the pregnant women I work with!
  • No excessive bathroom trips for the reasons I had in my head that a cleanse would entail--if you know what I mean. 
  • Being without solid food makes me really aware of putting completely nutritious things back in. I haven't had any normal cravings today (except an afternoon tea) and I am so excited to be motivated to keep going! 
The Bad
  • I didn't chew anything. That is really a weird thing to miss.
  • I was pretty tired in the morning and was in bed early. 
  • I drank so much liquid first thing in the morning that I felt nauseous. 
The Ugly
  • I got a migraine. Not even a little "I-can-still-function" headache. This one took me down. It's nice being married to Dr. Wes because he was the first one to say, "Eat something. It's not worth it to feel this terrible." I attribute this to my caffeine problem. I typically have four or more servings of Iced Tea and Zevia soda throughout the day, so I was hurting. CONFESSION: I ate something at 9pm. I had gone over 24 hours without food, so I did my best to imitate an UltraMeal shake with real food. I ate a half-serving of cottage cheese and half of a banana. I almost instantly felt a little better, and it allowed me to be able to fall asleep. **IF YOU DO A CLEANSE THAT RESTRICTS CAFFEINE (as it should), START WEANING OFF CAFFEINE IN ADVANCE!** The directions told me this but I really thought I'd be ok. 
Staff Update: Dr. Wes was surprisingly chipper all day. He was hungry and a bit tired, but he did great. I think two of us had headaches (caffeine related), and two others had to end the day early by just going to bed. We all felt hungry throughout the day.  Otherwise, it's going really well with the office staff. 

If you are interested in doing a Metagencis cleanse through our office, talk to Dr. Wes or Dr. Jason at your next appointment and they will get you going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment