Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Do You Play?

Part of my Primal Blueprint Challenge is to play. Just simply play. The author, Mark Sisson, suggests biking, hiking, playing on the beach, long strolls in the morning and evenings, etc. All things I love to do! Yay!

BUT...this is Iowa. In January. So I started thinking about ways we can play in Iowa during the really cold months. And then I had the added complication of playing with a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I hit a wall of ways to play in Iowa, without snow.


Here's what I've come up with so far (and I'm counting on YOU to help me add to my list because I have lots of play time ahead of me!) 
  • Sledding/playing in snow/building in snow  (if we ever have snow again)
  • Bowling
  • Ice Skating
  • Family Dancing (This is a lot of fun with Dr. Wes in the house. Please see our Facebook video if you've never seen him dance. We love to dance; he's the only one of us who will do it in public. :) )
  • Hike a trail
  • Go on a walk someplace new
  • Geocaching (this is something I really want to try!) 
  • Obstacle Course (inside or outside)
  • Walking the Dog
  • Playing at a Playground
PS--Did you do anything outside today? It took me all day to get to be able to go outside. I walked our dog, Barkley, at 7pm under a sky full stars. It was so nice I didn't even wear a coat. I sacrificed dinner with my men, but had a really relaxing time outside. I hope you found a way to get energized today too! 

1 comment:

  1. I totally want to try Geocaching! I would love to go with you then next time I'm in town. I'm sure the boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete