Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pandora Junkie

Music motivates me, relaxes me, and at times in my, has actually paid the bills. I use music when I relax, workout, or drive to work. I even have a "cleaning CD" which has an embarrassing mix of hip-hop music that I just can't seem to get enough of. 
I recently discovered Pandora, which could quite possibly be the best invention of all time. It's my favorite app on my phone and I use it all the time. Here's how I use it, and hopefully you can find a way to incorporate it into your life too. The idea behind Pandora is that you can create channels of music that are custom made to you. For example, Wes and I created a "Maroon 5" channel we use when we are driving. If a song is on that we like, we click the thumbs up button. If there is a song that we don't like, thumbs down it is. Pandora learns to play what you like most. 


Here are my Top 5 Channels:

1) Quick Mix--all the best of today's music (Great for singing loudly in the car)
2) Heart Meditations Radio with Deepak Chopra--great for meditating, a relaxing soak in the tub, or giving birth to. 
3) Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout Radio--This is FANTASTIC for your jog or weightlifting session. 
4) Maroon 5 (Or your favorite band)--all your favorites without all the fillers 
5) Holiday--This was great at Christmas. It learned to filter out "This Christmas" and all the other radio songs that are overplayed in our area. 

Find ways to add music to your life TODAY! Turn up the volume & get your blood pumpin'. Your body will thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment