Monday, April 8, 2013

Patience Paid Off

So many people in our culture are looking for the "quick fix" to their problems. We hear commercials for "Make Money Fast!" or "Lose 10lbs in 3 days!" and we become intrigued. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely thrilled when I lost 20lbs in 8 weeks through our 8 Weeks to Wellness program. 

However, the bigger health benefits come over time. We hear people in our office say that they tried a program for a month and "it just didn't work for them". When we've spent a lifetime repeatedly doing a bad habit (like not exercising or eating poorly), it's going to take much longer than a month to make a change in your overall health. 

I had a personal success today that was eye-opening. One year ago (4/30/12) I did a workout at Crossfit called "Diane". It's a benchmark workout of deadlifts and handstand push-ups (which I modified). I did the same weights and same push-ups from last year, and cut my time in almost half! I was so excited that this workout not only improved for me, but it was easy. I could have/should have done more weight and I'm excited to tackle this one again in the future.




My patience and dedication to exercising is making a healthy difference in my life. I'm stronger and healthier because of  steady diligence to exercising. 

PS...If you haven't heard it from our office before...women--go lift some weights!! If you need help getting started, sign up for a class or training session with us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment