Thursday, January 10, 2013

Paleo Week 1 Update

It's officially been one week of pretty strict Paleo eating for Dr. Wes and myself. I think the first week was really successful and we have some good motivation to keep going. Here are a few highlights:

1) I lost 5lbs. (Pretty sure that was just water weight, but I'll take it!) Good-bye holiday weight!

2) Dr. Wes lost his bloated feeling and said he feels a lot more "lean". 

3) We tried a lot of new recipes with our favorites being Barbecue Chicken from Paleo Comfort Foods and sauteed zucchini with marinara. 

4) We found some breakfast ideas that don't include eggs or nuts for Dr. Wes. From that same cookbook, he's been enjoying Berry Cobbler made with coconut flour instead of "regular" white flour. (I didn't care for that too much.)

5) I think we've overcome the Sugar Crash that made us both tired and a little nauseous all weekend. I had the blessing of knowing the great feeling that was to come, but this was Dr. Wes' first Paleo experience. 

6) I made really good Ranch Dressing and Paleo Mayo for the first time. 

7) Tough Crossfit workouts at Crossfit 515 were great and we were so thankful to be fueled by clean eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment