Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Katie's Chicken Recipe

We love stir-fry, Mongolian Grill, and anything Thai/Chinese. However, I'm never as satisfied when I try to cook it at home as I am when we eat at HuHot. (Maybe it's the significantly lower sodium content!) Tonight, I was fairly successful and Ben has named this dinner "Katie's  Chicken". (Ben's Curry Chicken recipe is listed here). I love one pan dinners! 

Here's a fairly accurate recipe (I don't believe in measuring cups/spoons, so this is my best guess.) 

Katie's Chicken

  • 2T Olive Oil or Coconut Oil (cover the bottom of the pan)
  • 1/2 onion, chopped finely (so little boys don't know it's in there)
  • 4 cloves minced garlic
  • 1lb chicken breasts or thighs, cut into small pieces
  • Assorted chopped veggies: broccoli, bok choy, snow peas, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, etc.
  • 1/4 c Soy Sauce (We used Organic Tamari Gluten-Free)
  • 3T Sesame Oil
  • 2T Rice Vinegar
  • Optional: Hot Chili Sauce
  • Salt, Pepper, chili pepper (just a little of each)
Directions: Heat large skillet on the stove and then add olive or coconut oil. Sautee onions & garlic until onions are translucent. Add chicken, cover, & cook through. Add the veggies that take the longest to the pan. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and cook. When it looks like everything is almost cooked through, add any remaining veggies that don't take long to cook. (You can add in the optional ingredients at any time, but I recommend toward the end.)

Top with sesame seeds or raw coconut and enjoy! 

Just realized I forget to take a picture and now it's gone. I'll make it again very soon and try to get a pic then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment