Friday, June 8, 2012

Ben's Chicken & Brocolli (Garlic Orange Curry Chicken)

I invented my own recipe AND we all love it!!! Ben asks for this dinner at least once a week and it is so easy. 

Ingredients
2-3tbs oil: Coconut, Olive, Sesame, or my favorite--garlic infused olive oil from All Spice in the East Village
fresh squeezed orange juice & orange pieces
coconut oils/tamari/wheat free soy sauce

green onions, diced
minced garlic
1/2-1Tbsp curry powder
chicken tenderloins, breasts, or thighs (we tried the organic chicken thighs from Costco--good!)
broccoli
optional: raw coconut and raw sunflower seeds for toppings

Directions
Heat up the oil over medium-high heat until hot; add orange juice, tamari, green onions, curry, and garlic.  Add chicken cut up into pieces (I use my scissors to cut the chicken while it's in the skillet.) When chicken is cooked through, add broccoli. Sometimes I need to add a little bit of water or chicken stock if the pan is starting to dry out. Be sure to have enough liquid so that the ingredients don't stick or burn to the bottom of the skillet. 

When broccoli is just cooked through, remove from heat and serve right away. Add fresh, raw coconut and/or raw sunflower seeds for variety. 

Let me know what you think or if you made any modifications. Enjoy!

--Katie









No comments:

Post a Comment