Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stretching

I hear all the time from my clients that they don't have time to stretch. But I think we can all agree that stretching is VERY important! 


What I choose to do is sit and stretch while talking to my husband or doing something else. I'm not a TV watcher, but if you are, consider sitting on the floor for a full 30 or 60-minute show and stretch. At first it may not be comfortable, but after a few consistent days you will find yourself to be more flexible and maybe even increased energy levels. Dr. Wes always tells me that one huge reason for low back pain is tight hamstrings. I can also tell you that your workouts will significantly improve when your muscles are stretched out. 

Here are my suggestions for stretches to do while watching TV, talking with your spouse or kids, or even make a fun family event out of it!


--Emily









No comments:

Post a Comment