Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Little Slice of Heaven

I'm guessing I'm not the only one amongst us all who loves to enjoy this nice weather we get to have everyday. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one who is constantly looking for a new way to enjoy it. My husband and I enjoy playing sports against each other, golfing, or just joining some friends and family at Cascade Falls in Ankeny.


I also love to go on runs by myself-both for my physical wellness and also to 'clear my head'-which brings me to the reason of this post. I'd like to think this trail I run on is my own little secret, but since it is one of the most well-known trails in Des Moines I guess we know that isn't true. It's called the Greenbelt Trail. If you have never been on this trail, I encourage you to check it out tonight or this weekend!!! It is absolutely gorgeous scenery, and when I run on it I forget everything else and just enjoy nature. My favorite spot to get on is just South of Hickman on 100th street by the Caseys across from Willis Auto. There is a parking lot right there, but if you take the road that winds between the trees you can find another parking lot a little bigger. Park your car and hit that trail! I love the fact that it follows a creek (I always have loved to be around water), is surrounded by trees to the point of you being in a tunnel of green leaves, and has pretty flowers along the way to make it smell even better. Like a little slice of Heaven :-)

Men---you could even make a date night out of it for your lady-take her on a walk and then out to dinner. You'll be feeling great and win points at the same time (you can send your thank yous to the office!).



No comments:

Post a Comment