Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7--Mental Clarity Day

As I was driving home from a new baby visit, I realized that my mental clarity was really good. I felt good driving and not "foggy" as I sometimes feel when I'm tired. It was glorious! I also have a lot more energy today and noticed that my cheek bones were coming back into sight. :)

I FINALLY made it to the gym this morning for the first time since I started this cleanse. The workout was right up my alley with rowing, box jumps, and burpees.  I attempted to do this workout "prescribed" (Crossfit's way of doing a workout without any modifications). My rowing was ridiculously slow and I biffed it once on the box jumps, but I completed the workout and tried to keep as steady of a pace as I could. It felt good to move again, even if it was much slower. 

Our meals for the day were pretty standard, except I invented another NEW recipe! So exciting! 

Here's what we ate:

Breakfast: cottage cheese, "real" oatmeal, egg whites, veggies

Lunch: Cottage cheese, salad, left over chili, green beans, tomatoes

Dinner: Shredded Chicken, squash, green beans, fruit

Snacks & Supplements: Fresh Fruit blended with UltraClear, AdvaClear, UltraFlora, Green Tea, Pomegranate Juice + Colon Cleanse

NEW Recipe! Buffalo Chicken Salad
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
3T Plain Greek Yogurt
1tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce
1 stalk celery, diced (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy! I cannot believe how good this tasted. I've never used plain yogurt in place of mayo before and I will certainly keep trying new creations with the yogurt. If you are eating grains, some Gluten Free Sweet Potato chips would be a great dipping tool with this salad. Or you could roll it up in a piece of Romaine lettuce with veggies for a healthy wrap. 

If you are interested in doing a Metagencis cleanse through our office, talk to Dr. Wes or Dr. Jason at your next appointment and they will get you going! Waukee Wellness: (515) 978-6661

No comments:

Post a Comment